** I did not create this recipe, I’m just sharing it to help save fellow growers some cash; Original poster was ‘420circuit’ on www.rollitup.org **
In the original post, you can see a photo of the ingredient list of bobtanicare sweet raw and it’s literally exactly what is listed below; magnesium sulfate and cane sugar.
On botanicare’s website they list some of the benefits of using their sweet raw formula.
- Sturdy stems and thick, healthy leaves
- Seamless transitions between plant growth phases
- Maintains balanced metabolism for plants grown with C02 and HID lighting
- Improves balance between respiration and photosynthesis
- Enhanced flavors and aromas
- Develops hardy plants with compact internodes
This recipe makes 1 gallon of “Sweet Raw” that you add to your water. This normally costs roughly $64CAD a gallon. By making this yourself, you can save over $55CAD. This may not contain everything in their formula as they may not list some ingredients, but it’s a good base formula.
What you need:
- 9 Tbsp plain epsom salt (100% Magnesium Sulfate)
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 4 cups of water
- Add cane sugar and epsom salt to 4 cups of water and heat on low to medium
- Stir until completely dissolved
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Pour solution into a 1 gallon container and add cold water until it makes 1 gallon
- Shake until mixed
- Shake well before each use
Instructions for Use:
- Add 10ml per gallon during vegetation, 10-15ml per gallon during the transition into flower and add 15-20ml per gallon during flower
- Shake before using
- Adjust pH accordingly
- Use until you start your pre-harvest flush
I made this recipe today to try on my plants. The heating process doesn’t take very long. I set my stovetop burner to 5 and stirred frequently. It took about 3 minutes for everything to dissolve completely. The end result is an odourless, clear liquid fertilizer.
It is also safe to use for hydroponics as the original poster did this. I will be testing this recipe out myself this grow but only as a flower supplement because my plants are already in flower now.
Our last grow, we had some slight magnesium deficiency showing so we added about 1.5 tsp to our gallon jug of water to correct this. We also used molasses the last grow as a sugar to help fatten up buds. It seemed to work well for us. I’m hoping the sugar and epsom salt combo in this formula really help to increase the terpene production.
Our current strains are supposed to have a lemon fragrance for the Critical+2.0 Auto by Dinafem and sweet with caramel undertones for the Black Cream Auto by Sweet seeds. I hope to bring out the subtle lemon and caramel flavours and make them more prominent.
If you liked this post; please let me know. Like, comment or share! You’re support is truly appreciated!! Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram ‘@marijuana_mama420’ for more photos of our grows!